Thursday, February 9, 2017

Psyched-out?



Disturbed, Agitated, Confused are some of the emotions all of humanity goes through each day.


Maybe because we have expectations, a particular belief over the result that we have worked hard upon, thus, the need to get a top-notch product that will blow off the tops of the 'audience' who is watching us with keen eyes.


This audience could either be our family, friends, or even neighbors who always keep a sly eye on us.



Needless to say, when we do not get what we expect...leads to high emotions.


When I'm upset, I would love to run away to the mountains!

The forest is the place where the population of humanity is minimum—no one to judge me. No one expects anything from me.

But, honestly, since I get disturbed every day, is it practical for me to 'run away to the mountains'

Honestly, I would have to drive about four hours to even get to one!!


Not possible!!


I usually think of alternate solutions in the order of appearance, such as deep breaths, mindfulness, reasoning, laughter!


Upon my next frustration, I shall choose to do deep inhalations via nose or mouth (doesn't matter) knit together my eyebrows over my eyes as I concentrate hard on the problem that made me disconcerted in the first place. 

I shall try to be attentive to my feelings upon the rise of the situation, and shall attempt to reason out.


"What did I lose upon this failure?"

"Do I have the capacity to try again? Although, I have the knowledge to avoid failure, this time."

"So, is it worth being upset"?


Most of the time, it's a 'Nah!'


A peal of laughter shall follow that since contemplation always leads to satisfaction. 


Easy-Peasy! 


Problem solved without heading to the mountains for the retreat!!


On a side note, what is going in and around the capital of our country.....

Yes, I am psyched-out, but I would choose not to get upset over that since this is still a democratic country, and I have faith in the house of representatives'.


Let's choose to first fight the problems within us, our household, our community. The country shall follow suit.


Mantra for today: And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
                          Abraham Lincoln


====================








No comments: